Belkin is ruling the market of routers with its incredible range of routing devices, which offers fast, seamless and reliable internet whenever needed. No matter how many devices are connected in a network, if the internet connection is fast, then Belkin Router will propagate it at the lightning-fast speed. Belkin Routers are dependable devices, which will offer a great solution to all your wireless internet related problems. However, in order to ensure the smooth functioning of Belkin Routers, their setup process should be done properly. Belkin has unveiled a wide range of routers and extenders in recent times, and a good thing about all of them is that they have a common setup process.
How do I Perform Belkin Router Login?
- To ensure a successful Belkin router login, connect your Belkin router to the modem, then to the computer with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, turn on your computer followed by launching a web browser. Enter the default IP address in the address bar, which happens to be ‘192.168.2.1’.
- Click the ‘Login’ button and then, enter your username and password. If you have changed the details before, then enter those, otherwise you can login by adding ‘admin’ in the username field and leaving the password field blank. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will find the option labeled as ‘Internet WAN’. Once you find the option, click it and then, click ‘Connection Type’.
- Now, you need to select the correct ‘Connection Type’ and then, click ‘Next’. You can get in touch with your Internet Service Provider to find out the correct ‘Connection Type’.
- Type in the details that your ISP provides to you and then, click ‘Apply Changes’.
- That will sum up the Belkin login process, and now you will be able to access the internet without any cables.
How do I Perform Belkin Router Setup?
To enjoy all the benefits of the Belkin Router, make sure to install and set up the router in the most accurate manner. Let’s delve into the details of how to perform Belkin router setup using the CD that comes along the router and the web interface respectively.
How To Accomplish Belkin Router Setup Using Setup CD?
- Belkin setup process begins with power cycling your modem and router. For that, you need to unplug Belkin modem and router from AC mains.
- Connect an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the modem, with the other end of the Ethernet cable connected into the internet port or WAN on the router.
- As the Ethernet cable connects to both devices, turn on the modem. Wait until all the LEDs glow on the modem and after that, turn on the Belkin Router. All the router models mentioned above can be set up in the same way.
What Is The Process Of Belkin Router N300 Setup?
Follow below-mentioned steps for Belkin N300 setup:
- Unplug the modem from power source followed by connecting Belkin N300 router to the modem.
- Find the wireless network name (SSID) of the router, i.e., Belkin.setup N300 and then, connect your computer or smart device using the password that you can find underneath the router.
- Launch a web browser on your computer followed by continuing the setup by entering or ‘http://192.168.2.1’ or ‘http://router’ in the address bar.
- As the setup page opens, click ‘Detect my connection’ button.
- If the router’s firmware needs to be updated, then the setup will detect it.
- As the connection establishes, you will be prompted to modify your network name and password. Enter the correct wireless settings in the fields provided followed by clicking ‘Save and Continue’.
- After applying new wireless settings, reconnect to the new SSID.
- Now, click on ‘Great, what’s next?’ button.
- It’s time to register your product. If you want to skip this step, then click on ‘Register later’.
- Go to the dashboard now. Your Belkin N300 router has been setup.
How to setup Belkin N600?
- To ensure successful Belkin N600 setup, plug your Belkin N600 to a power outlet that is near to the wireless router.
- Use one of your Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as smartphone, computer or laptop.
- Click on Wi-Fi icon, go to ‘network settings’ followed by searching for ‘Belkin.Range setup’. Then, connect to it.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and go to belkin.range/setup in the address bar. If this link isn’t working, then enter ‘192.168.206.1’ in the address bar. Click ‘Next’ on the initial setup page and it’ll begin searching for a network (SSID) at your home.
- Connect to your router’s Wi-Fi network followed by clicking on ‘Next’. Enter the network password of the network and wait until the network credentials are checked. You will see a new webpage with confirmation message. Click on ‘Continue’.
What Are The Steps For Belkin Range Extender Setup?
Belkin Routers are used to transmitting Wi-Fi signals in different parts of the premises, but as routers have their range related restrictions, some parts of the premises are left with slow internet or no internet at all. If you come across such a problem, then you can include a Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender to the mix. To install an extender with existing internet network and other details pertaining to Belkin WiFi extender setup, follow below-mentioned steps:
- Plugin the Wi-Fi Range Extender into the wall outlet. It could be any extender.
- Connect a wireless client device to the default SSID of the Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender. If you don’t know the wireless name, then it will be ‘Belkin.Setup’ by default.
- On your device, launch a web browser and enter ‘http://Belkin.range’ to start the Belkin setup wizard. Or, you can access the web-based Belkin extender setup page by going to http://192.168.206.1.
- After that, click ‘Start Setup’ option.
- The system will start checking for the software update, so if you want to skip all of it, then you can click on ‘Manual Setup Link’, which is given at the bottom of the page.
- It’s time to select your wireless network name. Select both the network names if using a dual-band router. If you can’t find your wireless network on the list, then click the ‘Refresh’ icon to update the list.
- Enter your wireless password followed by clicking ‘Next’.
The network that extends is coming from the extender that your client devices connect to. You will see the name of your Wi-Fi changing to _Ext suffix. You also have the option to change the extended network by changing the network name, password and security mode. Once you are done with making all the changes, click ‘Next’ to move ahead.
The ‘Spot Finder’ will suggest some changes based on the location of the extender, which you should definitely consider, as that will help you achieve much better performance.
- Now, you need to visit ‘Secure your Range Extender’ page where you will be entering your preferred admin password for accessing the settings of the Wi-Fi extender. You can also create a hint password, just in case you have a habit of forgetting. Once you’re done with this, click ‘Save’
- Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender is going to restart now, so wait until you see the LED turning blue. After that, you need to connect your wireless client to the extender’s network name. As you see the ‘Next’ button turning ‘green’, click the button.
- Your Belkin Range Extender is now set up and you shall go to ‘http://Belkin.range’ link to access the web-based setup page of the extender in order to update its settings.
Contact Information For Belkin Router Support
If you are facing any issue while setting up Belkin router or connecting your Wi-Fi enabled devices to the router’s network, then you can call at Belkin’s official support number, i.e., 877-318-6620 to get the best solution for all the issues.
Belkin Routers Support For:
- AC 750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Router
- AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC 1200 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Router
- AC1600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC 1750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC 1800 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- AC1900 Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC+ Gigabit Router
- N300 Wi-Fi N Router
- N450 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Router
- N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band N+ Router
- N750 DB Wi-Fi Dual-Band N+ Gigabit Router
- G54/N150 Wi-Fi Router
To indulge in live chat with Belkin support provider, click here
The company is active on social media as well, so you can get in touch with the company’s experts for any issue you’re experiencing with Belkin router or extender.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/belkincares
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/belkin
YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/user/belkin
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/belkin/
Frequently Asked Questions:
1: What is the default password for Belkin router?
Find out the default password for your Belkin router to prevent unauthorized access to your network. If you want to change your router’s settings or change the password, then you need to find the default password. Here is how you can do so:
- On your computer, launch a web browser, enter ‘http://192.168.2.1’ in the address bar and hit ‘Enter’. If you want to set up a password, leave the password field blank, as there is no password by default. Click ‘log in’ button to access the control panel.
- Log into the router’s control panel and Wi-Fi Protected Setup to let users access the network. Click ‘Push Button Configuration (PBC)’ to begin WPS, which allows wireless users to log onto your network.
- Now, press and hold WPS button on your Belkin router to enable WPS to allow compatible devices to connect without entering the password. On your wireless device, search for networks, then, select the Belkin network from the list and connect to it.
- Locate the reset button on the router if you can’t log into its dashboard. Press and hold the button for 15 seconds to reset the admin and password along with all router settings. Log into the dashboard and customize the settings according to your requirements.
2: What is the Belkin router IP address?
The default IP address of a Belkin router is 192.168.2.1, so you need to enter this particular IP address in the address bar of your web browser or enter ‘http://192.168.2.1’.
3: How do I configure my Belkin router?
Here is how you can configure your Belkin router:
- Launch a web browser on your computer and enter http://192.168.2.1 in the address bar.
- As the webpage opens, click on ‘DNS’ under the option labelled as ‘Internet WAN’.
- Enter the router’s password and then, click ‘Submit’.
- Uncheck the box corresponding to ‘Automatic’ and enter OpenDNS addresses in DNS Address and secondary DNS address.
- Note down the current DNS settings before changing to OpenDNS just to be safe in case the new settings don’t work.
- The address for OpenDNS are – 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124.
- Once entered, click ‘Apply Changes’.
4: Can’t connect to Belkin router?
If you are unable to connect your devices to Belkin router, then it is due to the problem with the internet connection. You need to unplug the modem, router and computer in this same order from the power outlets followed by waiting for 30 seconds before plugging those devices back. After that, you need to re-plug the modem first, then the router and finally, your computer. Now, your Belkin router will begin working normally.
5: How do I reset my Belkin wireless router?
It is very easy to reset Belkin wireless router. You need to look for ‘Reset’ button on the router, which is located on the back or bottom of the router. The button is a bit recessed, so use a pin or paperclip to press the button. Press it for 15 seconds or until you see all the LEDs glow on the router at once. Then, the router will restart, which will take a minute or so, so wait until that happens.