Eero Wi-Fi Systems have broken the barriers when it comes to providing lightning fast internet to the users without any interruption. Eero is nothing like the orthodox networking devices that are used in homes and offices. Eero is a unique device that does the job of a router and a Wi-Fi extender. With Eero Wifi systems installed in your house, you don’t have to bother about weak or no internet signals because that won’t happen at all. Eero will do the job of both router as well as Wi-Fi Extender, so you can call the device, Eero Router or Eero Wifi Extender, as both suits this device perfectly.
Eero system uses multiple access points to deliver fast and secure internet coverage in your entire house on a single network.
In concise terms, Eero is a self-sufficient wireless system that needs no other networking product such as the router or Wi-Fi extender. If you have a modem, then just connect Eero with it and experience the performance of this incredible device in all corners of your house.
How To Perform Eero Setup?
There is no rocket-science involved in setting up Eero Wi-Fi system, as you just need to follow a series of steps in the exact same manner. Doing so will help you set up the device properly. Let’s delve into the process of Eero installation and setup without any further delay:
When you purchase eero device, you are going to get below-mentioned things in the box:
- Ethernet Cable.
- Power Cord(s).
For Eero Router setup, make sure you have the following things:
- Eero iOS or Android app.
- At least a single first-generation or second-generation eero device. However, eero Beacons won’t work because they are not meant to start a network.
- A smartphone/tablet with mobile data.
- Internet service.
- Cable or DSL modem.
Eero Configuration With Your Home Network
Step 1: The process begins with downloading eero app on your Apple or Android device. This free app is available on both platforms and can be downloaded from www eero com app link. Installing this app is necessary, as eero can’t be set up until you have this app on your mobile device. Eero can’t be set up using the web browser on your computer.
Step 2: Once the application for eero downloads and installs, it’s time to launch the app. You will receive a prompt in which it’s written to select a layout that closely resembles your house’s layout. If you are able to find a layout on the app, then select it, otherwise skip to ‘Step 3’.
Step 3: Create an eero account by entering your phone number and email address. As you do so, a verification code will be sent to your phone number, which you need to enter in the right box on eero app. You can opt to receive that verification code on your email account as well.
Step 4: In order to perform eero Wifi setup, you need to rundown the instructions that you see on eero app. You can easily set up eero gateway in three simple steps:
- Unplug your modem along with all other devices connected to it.
Note: If using a modem-router combination, then plug eero into one of many Ethernet ports that are given on the back of modem-router combo without turning it off.
- Connect your eero to the modem by making use of Ethernet cable.
- Plug your eero into the power outlet by making use of the power adapter that came in the box. Once you power up the eero, turn on the modem as well.
Step 5: After you plugged your eero at the back of the modem and turning both the devices on, create your own eero network.
On eero app, tap ‘next’ and then, the app begins looking for your eero. The gateway eero’s LED is going to flash blue in the beginning and then, turn constant if it has found your eero. Now, select a name for your eero. If asked, enter eero’s serial number, which you can find on the sticker attached at the bottom of the device. Then, select your network name (SSID) and network password.
- If you want to replace an existing router, then make sure to keep the network name and password the same in order to allow eero to use those credentials again. Doing that will save you from reconnecting your devices that were connected to the network before.
- You need to ensure not to run two networks with the same SSID because that can result in problems. For a modem/router combo device, you need to enable ‘Bridge Mode’ to keep settings smooth.
Tap ‘Next’ to complete the eero setup process.
Step 6: After setting up your gateway eero, the eero app will help you go ahead with the steps for setting up additional eeros, which could be eero Pro or eero Beacon on your network. To add more eeros, you can either use the wireless method or doing an Ethernet backhaul. As far as eero Beacons are concerned, then you can only add those wirelessly.
Step 7: Now, you should connect all of your devices to new eero network. That can only be done if you find eero network on your device, enter the password that you’ve created and click ‘Connect’. If the network’s name and password are the same as that of your previous router, then the devices will reconnect automatically. However, if that doesn’t happen, then you will have to toggle Wi-Fi or power cycle those devices to make them recognize your new eero network.
With that, the process of eero setup and eero configuration concludes. Your eero device has been properly set up with the home network.
Once you have setup eero properly, you are not supposed to face any issue, but since, eero is an electronic device, it is prone to technical issues.
If you want to know what the common issues in eero are, then here are those:
- Unable to hard reset eero beacon
- Unable to put eero in pairing mode
- eero blinking white
- Samsung TV won’t connect to eero
- Eero app not working on Apple iPhone
- eero wifi extender randomly disconnects
- eero not connecting to the internet
- Unable to do password reset of eero Wi-Fi system
- eero reset button not working
- eero doesn’t register
- eero Beacon wrong placement
- Can’t connect eero with modem-router combo even after selecting bridge mode
- Problems with eero Wi-Fi
- eero Beacon not blinking blue
- eero just stopped working
- eero pro wifi system isn’t registering
- Unable to do eero firmware update
- Can’t setup eero with Bluetooth
- eero update issue
- eero beacon not connecting
- eero app not working on Android device
- eero not connecting to the internet
When it comes to the number of eero Wifi systems available on the market, then you will find two along with eero app. Let’s check out what eero has in the offer.
- Eero Pro
- Eero Beacon
- Eero Plus
You can get the best support for all these eero products. The time has come to move on from the conventional style of networking devices to a modern and cutting-edge networking device that can provide you with hyper-fast internet. As for the problems in eero, you can always get in touch with eero support.