The capability to provide internet access by the Belkin wireless router depends on a number of factors. The security feature built-in Belkin router blocks the entry of unauthorized persons to the internet. If you have wrongly configured this option, then you may find yourself unable to access the internet from Belkin router.
The network settings on the Belkin router also plays a major role in the successful working of it. In case you are getting a problem in accessing the internet from the router, then go through the below-mentioned tricks.
Connect using Ethernet cable
- Locate the Ethernet port from the back of your Belkin router. It is generally white in color.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Belkin jack and another end of the same cable to the computer Ethernet port.
- Launch the web browser and enter the Belkin router address in the given space. A webpage for the Belkin router will be displayed on the screen.
- Press ‘Enter’.
- Click ‘Login’. You need to enter the username and password to login to the account. Enter the default details mentioned on the router’s page or you can check from the sticker pasted on the hardware.
Reset TCP/IP settings
- Launch the ‘Start’ button.
- Enter the ‘CMD’ in the search folder. You will find the command window opened on the screen. Click to run it as an administrator.
- Enter nets hint/resetlog.txt and press ‘Enter’.
- Power cycle your computer and check for any flash message on the screen.
Check Wi-Fi settings.
- Over to the ‘Encryption’ option and go to the ‘Wireless’ section from the left-hand side. Here, you will find multiple options for encryption settings. You can select WEP, WPA or WPA-PSK.
- If the security option is not enabled, then it means the problem doesn’t lie within the security. Yes, if it enabled then check the mode like WPA, WEP PSK, 128 bit, 64 bit WEP or simply WPA enabled.
- Enter the passkey for the same by confirming it from another device that is already connected to the network.
Check broadcast settings
- Go to the web-interface page of your Belkin router.
- Select ‘Channel and SSID’ from the top of the screen.
- Go to ‘Broadcast SSID’ and check if it is marked or not. If not, then there are chances of error due to this problem.
- Click ‘Apply changes’.
- Open ‘Utilities’ and search for ‘Restore factory default’.
- You will be prompted for the selection. Click ‘Continue’.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to go to the next step. The restoration function will now get started. Restart your computer preceded by restarting the router.
This is how you can fix the ‘No wireless access’ issue from the Belkin router. We hope you must have understood these points and will try on your own.For more information go to Belkin Setup.