The things which are essential for the setup includes
- Linksys app installed on Android.
- Android OS version higher than 4.1
- Proper and stable internet connection.
Now, coming to the steps for configuring the Linksys Velop again on android are:
- Open the app from the phone.
- Go to ‘Setup’ link.
- Switch on the Bluetooth from the smartphone by getting into ‘Settings’.
Note: If you are prompted to enable the current location on your device, then turn it on from the ‘Location’ settings given under main settings.
- Read all terms and conditions and click ‘Agree’.
- The node will then get searched by the setup page.
- Once it gets detected, press ‘Next’.
- The network connection will be detected after this.
- If the internet is detected, you can go to step 15 else check the wiring done between modem and router. If there is any problem with the router wiring, you will get the setup problem.
- After checking the wire, click on respective boxes to go to the next step.
- You need to restart the modem. Now, enter the ISP details else click on ‘Add automatically’.
- Restart modem by disconnecting it from the power supply. Tap on the option ‘It’s unplugged’.
- Once the lights get off, it means the device is successfully turned off.
- Wait for 2 minutes before connecting the device again to the power supply.
- Wait for the modem to get refresh.
- Create a Linksys cloud account. If you are already maintaining an account, enter the email address and password already existing. Yes, if you are signing up for the first time, then enter basic details like your name, location, email address, and password. Tap ‘Create’ to continue to the cloud account setup. You will find ‘Cloud account setup successfully’ message on screen.
- The account will automatically link to the router. When you login afterward, all the details of the Velop router will be displayed.
- Create SSID and password for your Velop router. This name will be used to connect the smart Wi-Fi devices to the home network.
- Start connecting the smart devices to the router with the SSID and password. If you don’t know how to turn on Wi-Fi on a smartphone, simply go to ‘Settings’ followed by Wi-Fi.
- The same details will now appear on the android app screen.
- ‘Success’ message will be displayed on the screen.
- Go to the ‘Next’ page by clicking on the bottom of the screen.
The Velop router will then check for updates if available any for the software version. It will automatically get downloaded and installed on the router.
For more queries regarding Linksys Velop Setup, call us on our toll-free number.