Whenever your devices connect to the internet wirelessly, the network is provided by assigning the bands. This assigning of the band is called band steering. This allows better network flow by reducing the co-channel interference and even your devices can use the available bandwidth efficiently. However, if you want to change the bandwidth of the Velop router then, you can learn to do so in the following steps:
Change bandwidth in Linksys Velop:
- Open a web browser and go to ‘Velop Router Setup Page’.
- Look for the option labeled as ‘Instruction’.
- Click ‘Instruction’ and then, ‘Wi-Fi Settings’.
- Choose band steering settings for your Wi-Fi.
Note: The name will remain the same for all the three bands in use.
- Band steering setting option can be known by different names on other routers such as:
- All band steering: By default, this option will be enabled and according to this setting, all bands will work together to form one Wi-Fi network.
- 5GHz band steering: This option can be used to change the name of the prevailing bands, which are 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. If you have chosen to disable band steering on 2.4 GHz then, the band steering for 5GHz won’t be affected, it will still remain available.
- Off: if you select this option then, both bands 2.4GHz and 5GHz will stop the band steering. After this, you can choose specific names for every Wi-Fi with different bands.
- Once all the preferred settings are complete, save the changes by hitting ‘Ok’.
Using Linksys Velop application:
- On Smartphone or Tablet, search ‘Linksys app’
- Open it and click ‘Login’.
- The screen prompt will ask you to enter the login ID and password associated with your Linksys cloud account.
- Click ‘Login’. Click on the name kept by you for your Wi-Fi from the dashboard.
- Open ‘Relative Settings’ followed by clicking on ‘Band steering’.
- Now, you can make the changes as per your requirements.
- The settings setup is going to be similar regardless of the platform you are seeing it from, be it a webpage or Linksys app.
- After making the changes, click ‘Save’ in order to implement the changes successfully.
How To Make Changes To Advanced Wireless Setting?
You should understand that a wireless network depends on the band steering option selected by you on the Linksys app.
If you have chosen all band steering option, then, in that case, you can only make changes to the security type option, as the other option of the settings will remain on ‘Auto’ mode. You will be able to enable or disable Broadcast SSID along with changing the Wi-Fi radio setting whether you want it to turn on/off.
If you have chosen 5GHz band steering, then this will enable you to make desirable changes to wireless settings of 2.4 GHz band, be it broadcasting SSID or turning off the 2.4 GHz radio. This will let you attain two bandwidth of 5GHz, let’s assume, the first to 5 GHz1 and second to be 5GHz2. Now, you can change security type, Broadcast SSID and other radio options with the help of this mode. The remaining option will remain on ‘Auto’ mode.
If you have chosen off option, then, you can make changes to individual wireless settings of all the three different bands. You can choose to turn off individual radio such as 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 5 GHz.For more information go to Linksys Smart WiFi Setup.