It is recommended to keep on changing the basic settings of the router after periodic intervals so as to keep connection secure and unique. Protected internet bars unauthorized persons from accessing personal information.
The changes which are possible with the cloud account include ‘Wi-Fi’ name and the SSID password.
The wireless password is different from that of the router password. Now, we are going to discuss steps to update or check the password of your router using the cloud account.
When you update or change the settings of your Wi-Fi router, all the devices connected to it will get disconnected for a while. You can reconnect them easily after applying the new settings. Enter the new password in the smart device and start accessing the internet again.
Now, coming to the steps for changing the basic settings of your router. If you find any problem. You can watch videos from the ‘Video tutorial’ link.
- Open the Linksys cloud account by entering the default IP address in the web browser of your computer. Enter username and password in the fields given. If you have not created the account yet, then Sign-up for free and activate it. Link your device with the cloud account thereafter.
- Go to ‘Wi-Fi’ settings from the main dashboard. This is usually given on the left-hand side under the ‘Navigation’ pane.
- Go to ‘Edit settings’ from the main page.
- Enter the username and password of your choice in the next two fields. In some router models, you will find the username replaced by the name of ‘SSID’ and wireless password by ‘Password’. So don’t get confused. Select the security mode, channel and channel width from the same page and click ‘Done’.
- To change the frequency bands from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz or know the difference between the two, go to the ‘Linksys frequency band’ option. If you change the wireless channel, it will reduce the interference in the wireless connection. The availability of the channel on the router varies from region to region.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to apply the saved changes.
If you want to access the same page in the future for making any necessary changes, then go to the Linksys cloud account from the local network or remotely. To learn about the steps for accessing the smart router from the local network, open the router web-interface page again by entering the login credentials. You will find ‘Network map tool’ option. Click on this option and check the model number and firmware version installed on the router.
For more details regarding Linksys Velop Support, get in touch with our expert team.