Are you searching for online steps to change the DNS settings of your wireless Orbi router? Well, we are here to provide you with the complete details related to DNS settings. All these steps will work on all the Orbi router models regardless of their manufacturing year. If you have not downloaded the Orbi software on your computer, then download it first and move forward with the steps.
- Access the router: Open the router login page from the web browser. If the default login page is not working, you can enter the IP address of the router. The IP address which we are talking about here is the default one which is mentioned on the back of the hardware. If the IP address is also not working, then it means you have changed it earlier or any member of your family tried to change it. Enter the default login details in the username and password field if you succeeded in getting onto the page.
- Open the DNS section from the router dashboard:
- Go to the ‘Advanced’ section from the home screen.
- Click on ‘Setup DNS’.
- When you click ‘Setup DNS’, you will find the ‘Internet setup’ option.
- DNS section is sometimes given by name of ‘Domain name server’.
- Update DNS settings: After locating the DNS settings, go to the option given here as under:
- Fetch settings automatically from the ISP.
- Click ‘Use these DNS servers’.
- Go to ‘DNS settings’ given on the page’.
Here, enter the IP details in the highlighted field. The stepwise instructions can also be checked from the screen.
Don’t forget to save settings once done. Click ‘Apply’. If you are a paid subscriber, then the settings will be provided by the ISP on its own.
- Check DNS configuration: Once you have configured the DNS settings, test them via the ‘DNS test’. It will provide you the exact results and let you know whether the settings are working or not. Tap the ‘DNS test’ after this.
The test for the DNS will take 10 minutes max to finish. If the test takes more time than the usual time, then it means there is some issue with the Orbi router and server. You can report the issue over the complaint forum or restart your router. Turn on the Wi-Fi and repeat the steps again.
This is how you can change the DNS settings of your Orbi router and start browsing the internet without any issue on smart devices like phone or tablets.For more information go to Orbi Setup.