Back in the days, it was difficult to configure a new router on the wireless networks due to lack of information and support links available online. With the advancement in the technology, it has now become possible to configure router even through a router app. We will discuss easy steps to install Eero on the home network.
Some pre-requisites to start the setup are discussed here as under:
- Android phone.
- Power lead.
- Ether cable.
- Data network on smartphone or internet connection enabled on it.
Download Eero app on your smartphone
- Download Eero app on your smartphone from the respective app store. If you are using an android phone, then open playstore and search for Eero app.
- Download the latest version of the app on the phone and launch it.
Provide details related to home
On your Eero app, enter details related to home like where is your living room, drawing room and kitchen and on which floor they are. Apart from this, you need to mention the approximate distance between the two rooms.
Create Eero account
Open Eero webpage and create free of cost account on it. Enter an email address, phone number, and other basic details. You will get a verification code on the mobile inbox. Enter the code in the space provided. If you want to receive the code in the email inbox, then enter an email address.
3 steps for configuring Eero are:
- Disconnect the modem from the power supply for some time.
- Connect the modem to the Eero with the help of Ethernet cable provided in the packing.
- Turn on modem and Eero and wait till the booting gets finished.
Create a network
Create an Eero network proceeded by turning on the Eero and the other networking devices.
Now open Eero app and search for a network on it. A blue LED blinking on the router panel indicates that the device is successfully found. In no time the LED will turn solid after which you can select any name for the same.
You can either set the serial number of your router as an SSID for network or change it to the new one. The serial number is given on the sticker pasted at the side of the router. Select the password of your choice. It must be case-sensitive.
- If you are using any router with the network and want to replace it, then use the same SSID and password. With this method, the existing devices can be easily connected to the new router without any need to enter the username and password again.
- Using more than one router at a time may result in IP conflict. You must use one router at a time or use one router as a bridge. Keep SSID of both the routers different.
Click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup.For more information go to Eero Update.