In every household, you will find smart devices that are of course connected to the wi-fi network. The primary device used for wireless network at home is the router or in other words we can say that router is an interfacing device between the home network and wireless-enabled devices. The security measures must be taken into consideration while configuring the router on the home network. To check if the router is secured or not, you can perform the test about which we are going to discuss below.
How to perform a security test on windows PC?
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu from the bottom of the computer screen and select the ‘Network sharing center’.
- Search for the router network and click to select it. Close the window after selecting it.
- Open the web browser and connect to the router website by entering its IP address.
- If you find ‘No internet available’ message on the screen, then it means you are not connected to the internet or there is a need to enter the password.
The steps discussed above are for Windows OS, if you are using MacBook, then below mentioned steps should be followed. These are slightly different from Windows OS.
- Click on the ‘Antenna’ icon from the top of the screen. Open ‘Home screen’ from the list of network. When you find the drop-down menu appeared on screen, enter the password to continue to the next step.
- Don’t enter any password in the field, if you want to connect directly. Close the window from the bottom. Check the indicator that tells about the connectivity of the internet.
- If you are prompted to enter the password again and again, then it means you are not connected to the internet.
- Now go to the ‘Antenna’ icon again and enter the password for the selected SSID. Tap ‘Connect’. If the password box disappears, then it means you are successfully connected to the internet.
- Launch the web browser from the ‘MacBook’ and try searching for something. You can open YouTube to check the network connectivity on your device. If you find no results on screen, then it means there is a problem with the network or the home network is not connected on the computer. This is how the test is performed on MacBook for Google Wi-Fi router.
In this manner, the security test can be performed on Google Wi-Fi router using the windows or Mac OS. For further information, you can contact experts available 24×7. They are dedicated to solving your problem efficiently and conveniently.For more information to go Google Home Wifi Setup.