Error 651 of Belkin router is encountered mainly on windows 7 or 10. It occurs when you try to establish a connection with the internet from your computer.
What are the sources of this error code?
Error 651 is a minor error and can be resolved through simple steps. If there is any software issue on your Belkin router or in the internet service provider, then you will get the error code. Apart from this, if the.SYS file is stored in a different location or the files are corrupted, then there are high chances of getting error code 651.
How to troubleshoot error 651?
- Test the network connection on a different device. You will come to know where the problem actually lies. If the network service is down due to some reason, then contact the internet service provider.
- If the network is successfully connected to the other computer, then it means there is a problem with the first computer.
- Try connecting the computer to a different network if available. You can connect the windows computer either wirelessly or via wire to the network. If it is working properly, then this confirms that the windows are functioning normally.
- Check if there is any loose cable available. If the connection is not proper between the devices, then you may get error 651. Connect a new cable or insert the existing cable again to the assigned port.
- Reboot the modem and the router. This step is simple and can fix a number of problems related to hardware or software of your Belkin router. Disconnect the cable from the router and wait for 2 minutes. Connect the router again to the power supply by using the power cable.
- Restart computer. Restarting will clear all the temporary data, cache, files and cookies and let you access the Belkin router easily after that. The steps to restart windows 8 or 10 computer OS are the same.
- Launch internet connection troubleshooter: This is a simple tool for scanning and fixing all the errors related to the Windows 10 OS.
- Check windows for updates: If there is any update available that needs to be installed, then update it immediately. You will find the update notification on the right-hand corner of the page. This will not only fix the bugs but will also improve the performance of the system. To check the updates manually, go to ‘Settings’> ‘Updates and security’.
- Update Network driver: There are some network drivers installed on the computer without which you can’t access the internet. If there is any update available for the driver, then download it at once. Check if the problem has been resolved or not.
The above-mentioned steps will definitely fix error 651 of your Belkin router.For more information to go Belkin Wifi Extender Setup.