Linksys Velop is the next generation router, which is capable of covering the entire house with a strong Wi-Fi signal. Linksys Velop is a mesh Wi-Fi system, which comes in a combination of three. These devices are installed in different areas of the home in order to cover the entire premises with excellent internet signals. The device is so advanced that it allows you to set up parental controls in order to limit the use of internet for your children.
You can also check the data/packet transfer rate through the parental control feature, which you can find under ‘Dashboard. Velop Mesh Wi-Fi system is specially designed to block certain websites or set a duration for accessing certain websites. If you want to access the ‘parental control’ feature, but are unable to access it, then you should go through the forthcoming steps to access ‘parental control’ feature.
Reasons as to why ‘Parental Controls’ doesn’t work:
If you are unable to access the ‘parental control’ feature in your Linksys Velop router, then there could be several reasons behind it.
- If you are not using the latest firmware version in your Linksys Velop, then that could be the reason as to why ‘parental control’ feature is not working.
- The real-time conflicting issue could result in parental controls in a non-functional state.
- If you are using Linksys Velop in bridge mode, then there will be a problem in using parental controls, as the feature doesn’t work in bridge mode.
If your ability to access ‘parental controls’ is prohibited due to any of the aforementioned reasons, then there is no need to worry because like all other problems, this one too can be fixed.
Fixing ‘unable to access parental control feature’ issue:
Update Linksys Velop Firmware
You need to go to ‘web interface’ of the router by entering the default IP address in the address bar of web browser.
- Now, as the web interface opens, enter your username and password. The default username and password is ‘admin’ in case you have not changed the details before.
- In a new browser’s window, check for any new updates for Linksys Velop firmware. If there is any, click ‘Update’ to download the update. Wait until the update downloads and installs. Turn off the router and wait for a few seconds to turn it on again.
- Now, go to the ‘support’ page from the setup page of Linksys web router and then, open ‘drop-down’ menu. Select your Velop’s model number that you are using followed by checking the files that are downloaded in the ‘destination’ folder. Click ‘Download’ button and then, save the file. After that, go to router’s setup page again.
- Tap ‘administration’ tab followed by selecting ‘firmware update’. Select the file that you have recently saved and you will see the update getting installed automatically.
That’s how you can fix the problem of accessing ‘parental controls’ feature in the Linksys Velop Router.
Also, we can help you to solve the issues with your Linksys Smart Wifi Login. We have provided the directives to solve these issues on the page, such as failed login attempts, incorrect configurations, router DNS settings, and bridge mode. For any further concerns, please get connected to our help page experts.