In general, one can easily configure the Linksys router on the existing network using the default username and password. If it is not working, then you probably have changed it and forgot to note down.
The login password is required to login to the E4200 web-based interface. This works only for the first time registration. After this, you can change it as per your choice.
The IP address otherwise used for login is 188.8.131.52. If the password to login to this page is not working, then nothing to get worried. You can reset through the simple steps. You can set a new password right after resetting the existing one. An important thing to discuss here is that as per the expert’s opinion, you must change the password once in a month to keep the account secured. The default login details are otherwise easy to crack and can be used by hackers.
- The first step to execute is ‘Connecting the router to the input power source’ and check the LED.
- Keep the router above the normal height so that you can easily see through its sides or bottom.
- Press the ‘Reset’ button given on the side of the device or at the bottom in some models for 5 seconds.
- When you release the button, all the lights will start flashing for a while indicating the device has successfully reset.
- Disconnect the device now from the power source and wait for a minute.
- Restart the router and check if the booting process is started or not. If you don’t know the detailed process, then simply check the LED installed on the front panel.
- The router is now reset and you can open the web-based setup interface again and log in to the page with the default username and password. The default password is ‘password’ itself. Click on the ‘Change password’ option and enter the new password twice to confirm it.
- Go to ‘Custom settings’ and check the other items like the username or SSID of your router. If you want to enable the port forwarding feature of your router, then this is available in custom settings.
Can’t access the E4200 router?
If after changing the password, you are still not able to login to the web-based page, then the IP address entered is wrong or there is typing error reported. Check the address carefully from the manual or the hardware and enter it.
You can cross-check the IP through the gateway IP of your router which is identical to the IP address. Go to ‘Preferences’ from the main computer window followed by ‘Gateway addresses’. The TCP/IP details mentioned over there is the default gateway.For more information go to Linksys Velop Login.