Netgear frequently keeps on sharing the updated version of firmware for Orbi routers. Updating router with the latest version of software helps in improving its overall performance and adding new features. If you are facing any issue with the auto update of your Orbi router then kindly refer to the following procedure for manually updating the firmware of Orbi.
All orbi routers are designed to auto update the firmware but there can be times when orbi is unable to go through the auto update. You might face performance issues while your orbi is not updated with the latest version of software. So whenever you encounter any of the performance issues then firstly ensure that you are using the most recent version of your orbi router. In case, the orbi is not updated then get it updated and check if the issue persists or not. If the issue gets resolved after the update of orbi then it means the problem was due to the use of an outdated version of orbi. At present, if your orbi is unable to auto update then kindly go through the following manual update procedure.
Netgear orbi support steps for manually updating the software of Orbi router:
- Download the most recent version of firmware for Orbi router and its satellite.
- Install the firmware update for Orbi Satellite.
- Install the firmware update for Orbi Router.
Steps for downloading the most recent version of firmware for Orbi router and its satellite:
- Visit “Netgear download center” to download the file for orbi firmware update. Try to save this update file at desktop. If in case, the file is available in zipped format then unzip and save it to any folder available on desktop.
- Open web browser on the computer which is using a wired internet connection from Orbi router. Ensure you do not browse from computer using wireless internet connection.
- Type in the URL as: http://orbilogin.com and click on “Go” or press “Enter” from keyboard.
- Type in the admin user ID and password for orbi router.
- Once you logged in to orbi account, go to “Advanced” settings and click on “Administration.”
- There you will find an option for “Firmware update” so click on it.
- Locate the option for “Manual Update” and click on it to open the firmware update page.
Steps for performing the firmware update of Orbi Satellite:
- Click in the check box available in front of the model name of your Orbi satellite.
- Click on the option for “Update” and the software update window for Orbi satellite will open up.
- Now, you will be asked to type in admin username and password for your Orbi router. So, enter the login credentials correctly and sign in to your account.
- Once you are logged in, tap on the icon for “Browse” and choose the files with extension as .img or .chk saved at the desktop location.
- Now, click on the option for “Upload.”
- Wait till the orbi satellite goes through the update process. After the update is complete click on “Status” to ensure the firmware update has been done successfully. There you will find a message saying: “The firmware of Orbi satellite has been update successfully.” In case the update is not successful then kindly repeat these netgear orbi setup steps for update.
Steps to perform the firmware update of Orbi router:
- Browse http://orbilogin.com from any of the web browsers on your internet supporting computer or mobile device.
- Login to your Orbi account and if you are already logged in then visit the update page for firmware.
- Go to “Advanced” setting menu and click ok “Administration.”
- There go the option for “Firmware Update” and click on it.
- Select the option for “Manual Update.”
- Choose the files with extension as .img or .chk by browsing from their saved location at the desktop.
- Click on the option to “Upload” for updating the firmware.
- After uploading the firmware, you will come across a prompt. So click on “Yes” to continue.
- Soon as the update completes try to verify the update by clicking on top-right corner of the screen.For more information go to Orbi Router Setup.