To configure the Orbi router and satellite, you can follow any of the methods out of the two given different methods. You can configure through the Orbi app or via computer through Ethernet cable.
If you wish to set up through the Netgear Orbi app then,
Go to Orbi.com from the Android or IOS phone.
Download the Orbi app from the link given on the website.
Steps to setup Orbi cable router and satellite with a computer or mobile device are:
- Get the details of your internet service provider. The details included are phone numbers, username, accounts, and passwords.
- Disconnect the existing modem from the power supply. If you are using the same modem with the router.
- Connect the modem to the Orbi router with the help of a coaxial cable.
- Connect the power cable to the Orbi router and plug another end to the power supply.
- Wait till the power LED changes to solid blue. It will take 2-3 minutes.
- Connect the Orbi router to the computer or mobile device with the help of an Ethernet cable provided in the box.
- Use the wireless provided username and password to connect the router to the network. Click ‘Connect’.
- Once you are sign-in to the page, change the password. This is recommended from the security point of view.
- Launch your internet explorer and enter orbilogin.net in the browser address space. If this page is not opening, then enter the IP address directly.
- Enter ‘admin’ in the username field and ‘Password’ in the next field.
- Open the ‘Advanced’ page and go to ‘Change password’. You need to enter the answers to the security questions you entered earlier.
Activating the internet
To activate the internet service at home, you need to go to the ‘Activate internet service’ link from the computer.
- Place Orbi satellite: Locate the router within the modem range and switch it on. The Orbi satellite will start syncing with the modem automatically.
- Wait for the sync to get completed: Once the process of sync is completed, you will find the different colors LED start blinking on the front panel of your Orbi router.
- Activate internet service from a computer or mobile device: To start with the activation process, there are some pre-requisites that you must satisfy. These are given here as under:
- Internet service provider details.
- Router model number.
- Serial number and details of your ISP’s provided modem.
- Mac address of satellite and Orbi router.
Over to the internet service provider website through the login details, you will find the complete steps for activating the internet service on orbi. If you want to check the current network speed on the Orbi router, you can check by visiting the speed test link. All the details like uploading, downloading and browsing speeds can be fetched from the result screen. For more information go to Orbi Login.