Have you just got a new Google WiFi Router? If yes, then you should now look for steps to set up this router in the right way to enjoy fast and uninterrupted internet on your premises. To know how to set up Google WiFi Router in less than 10 steps, read below.
Use these steps to set up the WiFi Router:
The installation of the Google WiFi router is done in a few steps if you follow the instructions.
- Download and install the Google Wifi app for your smartphone. They are available for Android in the Play Store and iPhone in the iTunes App Store.
- Find a place for the WiFi device. It should be as freestanding as possible so that the radio waves are not impaired. The installation site should be approximately at eye level – this supports signal propagation. A power connection is still required nearby for operation. Also, make sure that the installation location allows the device to be connected to the modem using the Ethernet cable.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the WAN port of the device and plug in the device-side connector of the power supply unit. The corresponding sockets are located on the underside of the cylinder.
- Now connect the Ethernet cable to the appropriate connection on the modem and plug in the power supply unit. A slowly flashing blue light indicates that Google WiFi is now ready to be set up.
- The app will now guide you through the process of establishing a wireless internet connection. You will be asked to scan the QR code on the bottom of the device with your mobile phone camera. Follow the prompt so that the device can connect to the app.
- In the next step, the app shows a list of rooms. Here you can indicate where the device is located. If you use more than one Google WiFi, this information will make it easier to identify the individual access points later. Now, you will have to switch to the next device section.
- Assign a name for the new WiFi network and a password to secure access. By creating the establishment of the network is completed and the app shows you an overview of the wireless network with the appropriate access points. This gives you one more time to check whether everything has been set up correctly.
- In the final step, the app downloads additional software. This is a program with functions for further control and configuration of the network. It also contains the latest security features. The system will later automatically take care of installing updates. The WiFi Router will then restart automatically to integrate these additions. A solid blue-green display finally signals that it is ready for operation.
Now that your router is set up, you can access the internet on your devices without any issue. For more details of Setting Up Google WiFi, you can visit our website.