Are you facing problem in setting up Linksys Velop mesh Wi-Fi system from the Linksys app? If yes, then use the Linksys web-interface to configure the node.
- Check whether the node is in factory default or not. Reset it to bring it to the node to factory settings.
- The Velop must be connected to the computer either through Ethernet or via Wi-Fi.
Steps to setup the node using Velop simple setup page.
- Open the browser and enter routerlogin.com in the address bar.
- You will find the smart Wi-Fi page on the browser screen.
- Click on ‘Desktop-blocking.html’ and replace it with ‘Setup.html’.
- If asked, enter admin in the username and ‘Password’ fields.
- Select the desired Wi-Fi settings in the SSID and password field.
- Click ‘Save setup node’. This will save the node as master and ‘password’ as admin.
- After adding nodes, click ‘Finish’.
If you are wirelessly connecting the node, enter SSID of Velop network. You can now setup the primary node using Velop simple setup interface.
Network connection setup
If you are facing any problem related to setting up an internet connection, follow the tricks mentioned here as under:
- Open the same link on your computer web browser and press ‘Enter’
- Click on ‘Velop’ logo and wait till the page gets loaded.
- Enter ‘Admin’ on the page to login.
- From the bottom corner of the screen, click the ‘CA’ option.
- Tap ‘Connectivity’ from the main dashboard and go to ‘Internet settings’. Click ‘Apply’ after changing the connection type. Don’t forget to save the settings by clicking ‘Save’.
- Open ‘Velop setup’ and set SSID and password for Velop network. Click ‘Setup node’ to proceed further.
- When you click on setup node, the following settings will configure with the below-mentioned details:
- Set node mode to parent.
- Select ‘Admin’ in the password.
- Set the name of Node as ‘Node 1’.
- Click Ok and see the network connection now. After saving the wireless settings on the node, you can now connect to new SSID of Velop network.
- After completing step 8, the primary node is successfully set. If you want to add a secondary node, turn on the second node and wait till solid purple light glows. Click on ‘Add additional nodes’ from the main menu.
Note: After adding the nodes, you will find the option soon gets grayed out indicating that the nodes are sending the information to the primary one. After getting solid purple light on the secondary one, you can move to the next step.
- Connect the secondary node to the primary node physically. You will soon find the light indicator start blinking. When it turns solid blue, this means the secondary node is ready. Now place the secondary node at any location by disconnecting it from the primary node.
- Click ‘Done adding nodes’ after adding the nodes successfully.
For more information click at Linksys Smart WiFi Login.