Are you using the Linksys Velop app on your iPhone or iPad? Well, do you know the complete features and functions of it? If not, then nothing to worry. We are going to make you familiarize with the apps and how to use them efficiently.
- Open the Linksys app from the device by clicking on the screen icon.
- Check the router whether it is connected to the Linksys ID or not. Press the WPS button to start configuring it. You need to use the default login credentials.
- There is no need to connect the router to the Wi-Fi for accessing the app functions.
- Open the Linksys Velop dashboard and check out the devices connected currently to the Linksys Velop. If you can also check the band being used right now for sending and receiving the data packets. Go through the guest mode is enabled or not.
- When you click on the device list, all the devices will be displayed and you will be notified whether the router is online or offline.
- If you want to provide internet access to the guests, then turn on guest mode from the router. The steps for turning off the guest mode are the same as that of turning it on.
- Open the ‘Hamburger menu’ to check the additional settings. All the devices which are now connected or not connected to the router will appear on the screen. If you want to change priority of any device from there, then this option is available on-screen. Apart from this, if you want to restrict your child from using unnecessary data, then you can set parental controls on device after which no one can use the internet after set limits.
- Details related to Mac address, IP address, and model number will be displayed on the screen.
- Wi-Fi settings: As the name implies, this field is related to the Wi-Fi username and password. You can change the username or SSID of your Velop router from this page. Apart from this, if you want to enable the security on your Wi-Fi, then go to ‘Advanced settings’ from the main settings and click ‘WPS button’.
- Guest access: It provides information related to the band which is currently allocated for the guest. If you want to hide the password from ‘Guests’, then click ‘Share button’ followed by ‘Hide password’. You can also restrict the number of devices that can connect to the Wi-Fi at a time.
- Parental controls: This section is also related to limitations and restrictions over devices. If you want to control certain devices from accessing internet, then go to ‘Parental control’ menu and block the IP address.
For more information click at Linksys Router Login.