Linksys Velop is a modern-day router, which is equipped with mesh Wi-Fi technology for faster internet with wider coverage. Linksys Velop is a device that is designed with a futuristic approach, which you will be able to find when you begin to use it. The ability of this router to work as a router as well as an extender is what makes it so unique and efficient. It is always better to have a router, which can offer flawless internet signals along with wider connectivity, and Linksys Velop is going to give you exactly that. However, in order to enjoy the benefits of Linksys Velop, you must know how to set it up in the correct way, details of which you can find in the upcoming section.
How To Perform Linksys Velop Setup?
In order to setup Linksys Velop, you need to perform a series of steps, and that too in the right order. Here is how you can set up Velop in the quickest of ways:
- Linksys Velop can be easily set up using Linksys mobile app. You can download this app on your Android or iOS device.
- So, you need to begin with downloading Linksys mobile app after which, you will have to click on ‘account sign in/sign up’ button sign up by entering your email ID and other basic details.
- Now, add the nodes by taking the help of the app.
- Linksys Velop can be set up in two ways, i.e., Velops being used as access points with the existing router. In case, your router supports USB sharing, then you can make use of that feature. Another way of connecting your Linksys Velop is by replacing your existing router with Linksys Velop where one will work as the hub while others as access points.
- The convenience of setting up the Linksys Velop can also be perceived as a big frustration because it means, there is no other way of setting up the device.
- Even the configuration and troubleshooting of the Linksys Velop will be done using a smartphone or tablet.
- Another problem with the app is that even if you install it, you won’t be able to set up Linksys Velop quickly and easily. Each node will take around 5 minutes to complete, so the more nodes you add, the more time it is going to take.
- As far as the firmware update is concerned, then that will be done automatically as soon as you set up the device.
- In Linksys Velop, you’ll get a synced router and a hub pair, which you should plug into the wall power outlet. Then, wait for a couple of minutes as that is how much time it takes the devices to boot up and sync. You can also change the default settings of the entire unit from the menu.
After setting up the Linksys Velop router, you should move onto the login process.
Steps Related to Linksys Router Login – How To Do It?
As you get inside the web interface of the router, you get the ability to change and modify many of the router’s settings like:
- Username & Password.
- Wi-Fi network name & password.
- Default network name.
- DHCP client address.
- Firewall Settings.
These settings can be easily changed through the web interface of Linksys Velop, but for that, you must have the Linksys smart WiFi login credentials. If you have the login credentials, then you must log in to the web interface.
Details Of Linksys Velop Login
- Connect your computer/laptop to this new network on which your Linksys Router is connected to.
- Turn on the computer/laptop, then launch a web browser and in the address bar, enter ‘192.168.1.1’. You will see a box with two empty fields in which, you will have to enter the username and password for your Linksys Velop.
- By default, the username field should be left blank, but if you have changed it previously, then enter the one you have created.
- In the ‘Password’ field, enter ‘password’ because that’s the default password for the router.
- Finally, click the ‘login’ button.
Setting Up Wired Velop System
In order to set up additional nodes to your Linksys Velop, you need to connect them to the hub using Ethernet cables. Once you are done setting them up, then you can unplug the Ethernet cables.
Steps to setup Velop using an Ethernet Cable:
- Set up the primary Linksys node using the Linksys app.
- To add a secondary node, use the same up, but you will be able to add the node wirelessly.
- When you’re done setting up the additional node, move it to a new location where you think the signal strength is very low. Once you identify the location, connect the node to the wall power outlet.
- Connect the secondary node to the primary node by taking the help of an Ethernet cable.
Note – The Ethernet cable needs to be CAT5e for a seamless connection.
All other nodes can be added using the same steps.
Linksys Velop Bridge Mode Setup
In order to connect your Velop routers with the existing Wi-Fi connection, you will have to set them up in the bridge mode. In Bridge Mode, the Velop system will not have a separate network, but all the nodes and client devices connected to Velop’s Wi-Fi or modem/router combo will be on the same network and they will communicate with other devices present within the network.
Conditions to fulfill for setting up Velop in Bridge Mode:
- Set up Velop routers by following the aforementioned steps.
- Install Linksys Velop app and make sure to use the latest version of the app and firmware. You can check the firmware version of the app by going into the dashboard followed by ‘firmware version’. If there is an update available, then you should get that update.
- Connect your smartphone to Velop’s Wi-Fi because if you don’t, then you won’t be able to switch the connection type to bridge mode.
Things to remember:
- If the initial Velop system consists of secondary nodes that are connected already, then make sure the secondary nodes should work in bridge mode in case you switch to that mode.
- As you switch to bridge mode, you can add more nodes by selecting ‘set up a new product’ option.
- If you want to disable the bridge mode, then you can also do that by going to ‘Navigation Menu’, then ‘Advanced Settings’ followed by ‘Internet Settings’, then ‘Connection Type’ and finally, ‘Disable Bridge Mode’.
- Disabling the bridge mode will shut down a few features as well such as speed check, device prioritization, MAC filters, parental controls, and device list.
The process to set up Velop in Bridge Mode:
- Launch the Linksys app on your smartphone.
- Go to ‘Dashboard’ and tap ‘Menu’.
- Tap ‘Advanced’ settings, then ‘Internet Settings’.
- Tap ‘Connection Type’ option followed by changing the connection type to ‘Bridge Mode’.
- Tap ‘Save’ and then tap ‘Enable Bridge Mode’.
With that, your Velop is set up in the Bridge Mode.
Personalizing ‘My Velop’ Wi-Fi Settings
With Linksys Velop, you can personalize your Wi-Fi settings, details of which you can find in the steps below:
- Open the Linksys app and log into your Linksys Cloud account using your router’s password.
- Tap ‘Menu’, then ‘Wi-Fi Settings’ and select the field that you want to change.
- Once you changed the required field, tap ‘Save.
- You can open the web interface of Velop to personalize settings for which, you need to log into your Linksys Cloud account, and then clicking ‘Wi-Fi settings’ under ‘Router Settings’.
- You can select the same Wi-Fi settings for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands or you can use different settings as well.
- If you use the same settings, then enter the preferred Wi-Fi name and password under ‘Wi-Fi settings’ and then, selecting ‘Security mode’ and ‘Wi-Fi mode’.
- If using separate settings, then you’ll have to go to ‘Wi-Fi settings’ under which, you need to click ‘Show More’.
- Enter preferred settings for each band and then, click ‘Apply’.
- A window will pop-up where you need to use different Wi-Fi names where you will click ‘Use different names’ option.
- Click ‘yes’ to ‘you are updating Wi-Fi settings’ option and then, click ‘OK’.
Your Velop will restart now and all the connected devices will be disconnected for a few seconds before connecting again.
Configuring Velop’s DNS Settings
Follow below-mentioned steps to configure DNS settings on Linksys Velop:
- Launch the Linksys app and from the Dashboard, go to the ‘Navigation’ menu.
- Tap ‘Advanced’ settings and then, ‘Local Network Settings’.
- Scroll down to DNS settings and then, tap ‘>’ icon.
- By default, ‘Auto’ will be selected, so change it to ‘Manual’ after which, you need to enter ‘DNS Settings’.
- Tap ‘Save.’
Linksys Velop Models We Provide Support For:
- Velop AX
- Velop Dual-Band
- Velop Tri-Band
- Velop Plug-in
Linksys Velop despite being assiduously designed has its fair share of problems/technical errors, which halt its functioning. Some of the most common problems befalling Linksys Velop includes:
- Velop ‘no connection’ problem
- Problems in password reset of Velop Wi-Fi system
- Problems in signing up on Linksys app
- Not able to configure DNS settings on Velop
- Can’t set up wired Velop system
- Can’t personalize Wi-Fi settings in Velop
- Can’t set up Velop in Bridge mode
- Unable to perform Linksys smart WiFi setup via Linksys App
- Linksys Velop not connecting to the modem
- Velop not connecting to the closest node
- Linksys Velop wired backhaul with switch
- Unable to setup Linksys Velop with the router
- Linksys Velop stuck during setup
- Frequent loss of internet connection
- Linksys Velop won’t connect to the internet
In case, you deal with any of these aforementioned problems or any other that are not mentioned on the list, you can get in touch with Linksys Velop support. For quick and reliable support, you should only trust experts, which you can find at our Linksys Velop tech support facility.