With the advent of Mesh Wi-Fi technology, Netgear decided to come up with its own mesh device in Orbi. Netgear Orbi is a sleek and stylish networking device that features cutting-edge technology to deliver faster internet with wider coverage. Where a traditional router covers 15-20 feet of distance, Netgear Orbi can cover 3x more distance, which shows how efficient this new router is. The unique aspect of Netgear Orbi is the amalgamation of two routers into a single unit. Netgear Orbi works like a normal router, whose function is to transmit the signal wirelessly, but that’s not the end of the story, as the unit incorporates an extender as well, which extends the wireless signal generated by the router. So, the signal transmitted by the Netgear Orbi is going to be much stronger than the signal transmitted by a normal router. There are several advantages of accessing Netgear Orbi, but in order to enjoy those advantages, you need to make sure that the Netgear Orbi setup is done in the correct manner.
How To Perform Netgear Orbi Setup?
To access Netgear Orbi, you need to make sure that you setup Netgear Orbi in the right way. Here is how you can set up the device:
- Begin the process by unplugging the modem and then, remove and replace the backup battery if you’ve inserted one.
- Now, plug in the modem followed by connecting the modem to the Orbi router using the ‘Ethernet cable’. Plug one side of the Ethernet cable to the ‘Ethernet’ port on the modem whereas the other side of the Ethernet cable going into the ‘Internet Port’ in yellow.
- Connect Netgear Orbi to the wall power outlet and turn on the device.
- As the device turns on, the power LED will glow, but in case, it doesn’t then you need to press the ‘on/off’ button.
- Wait until the Orbi router’s ring LED becomes solid white and then, pulse white.
- It’s time to place Orbi Satellite at a central location of your premises to get the best Wi-Fi coverage. The Orbi Satellite setup needs to be done in order to achieve excellent Wi-Fi coverage and to ensure that all the devices work together in a perfect manner.
- Connect your Orbi Satellite to a power source. The moment you do so, the power LED at the back of the Orbi Satellite will glow. In case, it doesn’t, then you need to press the ‘On/Off’ button.
- On your Netgear Orbi Satellite, check the color of the ring LED. If you see a light solid white color on the ring LED, which turns into pulse white followed by pulse magenta, then that means, the device has properly turned on.
- The ring LED on the Netgear Orbi Satellite may blink magenta for a minute or until the device syncs with your Orbi Router.
- As the ring LED of Orbi Satellite blinks magenta, then you are going to see the following colors for 10 seconds, which will turn off.
- Solid Blue – If the connection between Netgear Orbi and Satellite is good, then you’ll see this light.
- Solid Magenta – If Netgear Orbi can’t connect with Orbi Satellite, you will see this light. Place both devices close to each other to eliminate this light.
- Solid Amber – If you see this light on the device, then it means, there is a decent connection between Orbi Router and Satellite, but not a great connection. To get the best connection, keep both devices close to each other.
Note – If you have made sure of everything that you see in the points, yet the ring LED on Orbi Satellite displaying pulsing magenta color, then you need to press the ‘Sync’ button on Orbi Router as well as Satellite. If the Orbi Router and Satellite syncs together successfully, then you will see the ring LED pulsing white, which will change to solid blue to indicate a good connection. After that, the light is going to turn off. If the connection is still poor and you see pulse magenta on the ring LED, then you should get in touch with Orbi tech support.
- It’s time to connect your smartphone, tablet or computer to Orbi Router or Satellite either wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
Note – To connect your device with Wi-Fi, make sure you have the preset Wi-Fi network name (SSID) along with its password. You can find these details on the bottom or at the back of the Orbi Router or Satellite. Once you find those details, enter the details to connect to this new network from your smartphone or laptop.
- Finally, you need to download the Orbi app on your smartphone or tablet to set up the Orbi Wi-Fi network. The same thing can be done by visiting www.orbilogin.com.
Upon the completion of the Orbi Router setup, the ring LED on the Orbi router will turn off.
With that, your Netgear Orbi has been successfully setup, and you can now enjoy fast and seamless internet. The setup process is the same for all the Orbi models, which include:
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK22) AC2200
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK20W) AC2200
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK23W) AC2200
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK30) AC2200
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK40) AC2200
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK44) AC2200
- Orbi WiFi System with Built-in Cable Modem (CBK40)
- Orbi Mesh WiFi System with Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite (RBK50V)
- Orbi WiFi System (RBK50) AC3000
- Orbi Tri-Band Mesh WiFi Router (RBR20)
Steps Related to Netgear Orbi Login Process
Once you setup your Netgear Orbi, it’s time to log into the web interface of Orbi and complete the configuration.
- Launch a web browser on your computer or smartphone (the one connected with Orbi’s network).
- Enter orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net in the address bar.
- You will see the Netgear Orbi login window on the screen. Click on ‘Account Sign in/Sign up’ button.
- Type in your Orbi’s username and password, which you can find at the bottom or back of the router.
- Make sure to enter the details carefully, as those will be case-sensitive.
- Hit ‘Enter’ after entering the credentials.
- Tap ‘Next’ and check the box corresponding to the statement ‘I agree to terms and conditions’.
- Click ‘Next’ again and check internet connectivity.
- Once you receive the connectivity confirmation message, select ‘Setup Orbi Satellite’ option.
- It is going to detect the Satellite and prompt you to begin with the setup process.
- You need to set the Orbi Satellite’s admin password and password recovery options.
- Set a name for your wireless network and a strong password.
- Tap the ‘Next’ button and personalize the router by making a few changes in the router’s settings.
- You should connect your device to the new network that you’ve just created with the new password.
- Return to www.orbilogin.com page and you shall see ‘configuration successful’ message.
Problems in Netgear Orbi for which you can consider taking our support:
- Netgear Orbi doesn’t connect to the internet.
- Netgear Orbi unable to sync.
- Unable to access Orbi router login web interface.
- Unable to update the firmware of Netgear Orbi.
- Unable to connect Netgear Orbi to Satellite.
- No light on Orbi’s ring LED.
- Orbi didn’t install correctly.
- Wi-Fi not working in Netgear Orbi.
- Unable to configure Orbi.
- Firmware check error.
- No mesh error in Orbi.
- 401 unauthorized error.
- The internet connection being dropped frequently when connecting the devices with Orbi.
- Can’t sync Orbi router with Orbi app.
Netgear Orbi problems are not confined to these, but there are many other problems, which can halt the functioning of the device. However, you should not be worried seeing all these problems, as you can get the most reliable support by calling at our toll-free Orbi tech support number. Get all the solutions to annoying Orbi problems under one roof, so don’t wait any longer and call us right now.