Occasionally, you may find that the router installed on your home wi-fi network is not working as it should be. In such conditions, it is important to restart your Eero router for which we all disconnect the device from the power supply and connect it again after 5-10 minutes. If you are also doing the same for restarting the Router, then stop doing this procedure. With the help of Eero app installed on a smartphone, you can easily restart and Eero.
Why do you need rebooting of the device?
There are certain reasons for which you will feel that your router needs restart. If you don’t know why there is a need to restart the device, then we will let you know in this paragraph. If your router is not connecting to the internet and you find an error message on the computer screen, then it needs rebooting. Apart from this, if you come across the below-mentioned conditions, then you will find a need to restart the Eero.
- Insufficient speed of internet.
- Router not available on smart devices.
- Network connection issue with a particular device.
Coming to the steps for restarting the Eero device through Eero app:
- Click to launch the Eero app installed on phone and select the device you want to reboot.
- Once the device is selected, you will find the ‘Restart’ option given next to it.
- Click on ‘Blue icon’ given in the front of ‘Restart’.
- When you restart the device, it will first go off for a minute and turn on automatically.
- If you are going to restart the gateway Eero, the complete network will go offline for a while, then turn on automatically.
How to restart the complete Eero network
Steps for restarting the complete Eero network are given below:
- Open Eero app and click to open the drop-down menu.
- Go to ‘Network settings’ and select ‘Advanced’.
- Click ‘Restart’ to reboot the whole network.
- Tap ‘Blue icon’ given next to the ‘Restart’ option. You will be prompted for this action once.
- Click to continue.
If you are still getting a problem with the restart function, then click on the ‘Eero support’ link given under main home page.
When you restart your Eero device, the router and the smartphone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you are using the different network on both the devices, then you will not be able to perform the restart function. Yes, if after connecting the devices to the same network, you are still facing the same problem, then contact Eero experts.For more information go to Eero Support.