In Orbi Pro, there are basically three networks. One is called administrative, the second one is an employee and the last one is for guest access.
The Orbi router and satellite by default are given in the same admin network i: e, SSID. The SSID can also be checked from the hardware sticker pasted on the back of the panel. The wireless settings can be used as an admin wireless network. If any settings are changed, you will automatically get updated on the satellite.
If you are using the computer or mobile device for accessing the internet and if the SSID is changed for the router, then wi-fi will auto-disconnect from the smart device. Click ‘Apply’. To get rid of this problem, connect the Ethernet to the computer and check the setup page. If there is network access available on wired devices or not.
How to change the admin wireless network name and channel?
- Launch a web browser from the computer which is connected to the Orbi router.
- Enter orbilogin.com in the address bar and press ‘Enter’.
- You will find the login page appeared on the screen.
- Enter ‘Username’ in the first field and password in the next field.
- Go to ‘Wireless’ from the home page.
- All the wireless settings will be displayed.
- Enter a new name in the SSID field.
- The name can be up to 32 characters. It is recommended not to add any special character or symbol in the SSID. You can note it down in someplace.
To change the channel from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz, select any number from the main menu.
Sometimes, you will find that the channel you have selected doesn’t work in some regions. Yes, if everything working normally, then no need to change it but if you find any interference in the channel, then change the channel and see whichever best suits your requirement. If you are using more than one satellite, extender or router, then less interference will be reported due to different channels. As per the expert’s recommendation, you need to use adjacent channels in order to reduce channel interference.
- Click the ‘Apply’ button.
- The settings will auto-saved after this. The router will send the same settings to the satellite.
- If you have changed the SSID earlier, then the device will get disconnected from the Wi-Fi.
- If you find it difficult to connect the device to the Wi-Fi, then go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Check if other wi-fi enabled laptops are connecting to the wi-fi network or not. If other wireless devices are connecting without any security key, then it means you are using the open network.
- If your computer or laptop is still trying to establish a connection with the previous SSID or password, then change the network name by forgetting the SSID. You can enter the name of the new SSID manually.
For more information go to Orbi Firmware Update.