Is your eero Wi-Fi system not working? Then, you need to reboot your eero devices, either one or the complete network. You can do so in a single click and in a matter of few minutes using eero app, but make sure it has 2.10.0 version or later.
Why should you reboot eero?
Before you reboot your eero, you need to understand as to why it is necessary to reboot eero. Many users never perform reboot function in order to ensure smooth functioning of the device. However, if you encounter any issue, then you need to perform a tried-and-tested step, i.e., ‘power cycle’ of the device. When it comes to rebooting individual eero from the app, you can do it without disconnecting the device from the power supply. With that, let’s delve into the details of why you need to reboot eero device.
- Not enough internet speed.
- Problem with one of the devices that are connected to the network.
- Devices connected to wrong eero device.
To find out the steps for rebooting of your eero device, read on:
- Click on the specific eero that you wish to reboot from the home screen of the app.
- Click ‘Restart’ eero.
- On ‘Restart’ screen, you will come across ‘Blue’ icon, which you need to tap in order to begin with the rebooting process.
- Your device is going to power off automatically until the reboot process is complete.
When you restart gateway, eero is going bring the entire eero network to offline mode.
If rebooting an individual eero device doesn’t fix the problem, then you should go for rebooting the entire eero network.
How to reboot the entire eero network?
If you wish to reboot the whole eero network, here is how you can do so:
- Go to ‘eero’ app.
- Click ‘Menu’ button, which you can find at the top of the screen.
- Under ‘Menu’, you have to look for ‘Network Settings’. Once found, tap on it.
- Now, tap ‘Advanced Settings’ to open it.
- Tap the option named ‘Restart’ network.
- Click the ‘Blue’ icon to restart the network.
- As you click on this icon, the entire network will be offline for a few seconds before returning online.
That was all about rebooting of eero device, so if you come across any issue while rebooting the device, then you can get in touch with eero customer service for the best assistance.
Note: Prior to performing the reboot function on the eero device or network, then you need to make sure, that particular device is connected to the network at the time of rebooting along with checking the network strength of the signal. In case, the internet service is not working from the ISP end, then you will have to call them first before rebooting your eero device.
If you are intersted to know about the steps of Eero Setup then, contact us.