Most of the traditional routers were too complex to configure. People find it difficult to set up the router on their own. They always search online for some easy solutions. We have bought a concrete guide for all those users who want to configure Eero router.
By installing an Eero app on the computer or in the smart device, you can easily setup Eero routers.
Pre-requisites of setup
- Ethernet cable.
- Android phone
- Power lead.
- 2nd generation eero.
- Data network on a cellular phone.
- Proper internet connection.
Download Eero app for iOS or Android phone
- Download Eero app for your Apple phone from the iOS store. If you are using Android OS, then go to ‘playstore’ and download the app from there.
- Download the latest version of the app supported by Eero. Don’t download the app from the computer.
Give details of your home
Opening the app for the first time may prompt you to enter the basic details of your home like the distance of the living room from the drawing room and number of rooms along with balconies.
Create Eero account
Create Eero account by entering the basic details like phone number and email address. A verification code will be sent on the mobile. If you wish to receive in the email, then enter the registered email address in the respective field.
3 basic steps to setup Eero are:
- Unplug modem: Disconnect your modem from the power supply and wait for some minutes.
- Connect the Eero to the modem by using Ethernet cable. You can use any port out of the given ports.
- Power on your Eero device by connecting it to the power adapter.
Create Eero Network
After connecting the devices to the power supply, create an Eero network.
Start searching for the network from ‘Eero app’. A Blue LED will lit when the device finds the network. It will turn to solid blue. Select any name of your choice.
Enter a serial number of the device. For this, you can take reference from the sticker pasted on the back panel of your router. Check the barcode with the number printed on it. Select password after selecting the name. This SSID will then broadcast the router network.
- If you are already using any router and just replaced it, then select the existing SSID and password and use the same one. With this method, you don’t need to remember a new name or password and the existing devices will connect automatically to the new router.
- Yes, if you have configured more than one router, then keep the SSID’s of both the routers different from each other. You can either use the device in bridge mode or change SSID of one of the router.For more information go to Eero Support.