Are you using more than one router at home? If yes, then you might be using to enhance the signal strength at weak point in your house. Users who are using Eero router in conjunction with the router provided by the ISP need to pay kind attention to the post.
Need to Disable Wi-Fi on ISP device
When you connect the Eero router to the ISP provided modem, you will not get any problem but if you connect the two Wi-Fi at home, then this will create a problem. To stay away from the problem of interference, it is recommended to disable Wi-Fi connected to the Eero.
Issues you may come across when using multiple wireless network: The common issues which you may encounter includes:
- Interference from the other network.
- Devices will keep on connecting to both the networks one by one.
- The signal strength of a single Wi-Fi may get decreased with the increase in number of devices.
- Unable to communicate through media streaming device, printers and gaming consoles.
What steps are required to disable Wi-Fi?
We all know that the ISP provider router or modem cannot be controlled through the Eero app, so you will have to connect the networking device physically to the computer via Ether cable.
- First of all, you need to connect the modem to the Ether port of the computer.
- Launch web browser from the computer and enter the IP address of router in the search engine address bar.
- If the IP address is not working, you can confirm it from sticker pasted on the hardware of router else you can also get it confirmed from the router’s manual.
- Once the page gets opened, you need to enter the login information i: e, username and password in the given fields. The default credentials can be checked from the sticker itself.
- Open settings page and search for option ‘Network settings’. It is sometimes given as ‘Wireless settings’ in some routers.
- Disable wireless network from here and click ‘Save’. If you don’t find the option mentioned above, search for the relative SSID and click to toggle it off. The primary objective is to turn off the wi-fi.
On the other side, if you know the details of the ISP login credentials and the IP address, then there is no need to connect the device physically to the internet. Just enter the login details and click to open the wireless settings. Here, you will have to verify your subscription account information. Go to ‘Disable Wi-Fi’ menu and check if the wireless network is disabled or not.
Once it gets disabled, you will find the SSID of Eero with default Wi-Fi name available under the ‘Network list’ on the devices. All the device will now get connected to the SSID. For more information click at Eero Help.